Tuesday, March 29, 2011

2kcbwday2 Skill + 1UP


Look back over your last year of projects and compare where you are in terms of skill and knowledge of your craft to this time last year. Have you learned any new skills or forms of knitting/crochet (can you crochet cable stitches now where you didn’t even know such things existed last year? Have you recently put a foot in the tiled world of entrelac? Had you even picked up a pair of needles or crochet hook this time last year?

To answer this question, the first thing I did was think back on the things I had made.  Two skills were added to the skills learned list:  First, I learned how to do Cat Bordi's Moebius Cast-On.  Didn't go any further with her patterns as they seemed a little boring to me after the cast-on.  The second skill I learned was to knit backwards.  This is fun and a real time saver when making bobbles and doing entrelac.  I guess another skill I started and am still working on is making sweaters that fit me properly, I have been reading, Elizabeth Zimmermann and Barbara Walker books as part of this process. 

On a side note, the prayer shawl is finished and my DH is giving it to his co-worker today.  That means I can start a sweater for me. YIPEE.

If you are reading this as part of the Knit Cro Blog Week. I would love for you to leave a comment with your URL so I can read your post.

HAPPY KNITTING,
Karen

1 comment:

  1. I think your sweaters and vest fit you very well Karen!
    SO fun that your prayer shawl is ready to gift give..GOd Bless YOU

    ReplyDelete

Listen to this playlist: Songs for Sunday


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones